Edward Peake work in partnership with East Beds School Sport Partnership
The sport premium funding has been provided to ensure impact and improvement against the following Objective and Indicators:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school.
- The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement.
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport.
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport.
We always endeavour to ensure that the focus of our spending is sustainable and will leave a lasting legacy beyond the funding allocation. Please click on the links below:
Guidance for the funding
It is a statutory requirement of Ofsted, under their Common Inspection Framework, to ensure that information on the use of the Primary PE and Sport Premium is available on the school website.
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer. You should not however use your funding to:
- employ coaches or specialist teachers to cover planning preparation and assessment (PPA) arrangements – these should come out of your core staffing budgets
- teach the minimum requirements of the national curriculum – including those specified for swimming