March Values Newsletter
Our March newsletter was due to have a report from the children about the Pupil Values Conference which had been arranged for 18 March, but due to current circumstances has had to be postponed.
I would like to thank all the Values Ambassadors for their continued hard work and brilliant ideas. They have done themselves proud over the last two terms and can always be relied on. Hopefully we will be able to meet again before the end of this academic year.
The following pupils and staff are to be congratulated on upholding the school values in January and February: Grace, Evie, Nancy, Leona, Josh, Luke, Sam, Mr Jakes and Mr Scheid.
‘Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.’ Ephesians 4:32
Courtesy is a values theme we have not looked at by itself before, but it was in our top 20 of favourite values chosen at the end of last year. The dictionary definition is ‘the showing of politeness in one’s attitude and behaviour towards others’ and in school we have been thinking about the following bullet points in being courteous.
- Courtesy is being humble and polite
- Courtesy is taking turns fairly
- Courtesy is thinking of others before yourself
Some of the ways in which we can be courteous are:
- Bringing equipment to lessons so you are not wasting the time of others
- Being thoughtful and helpful around school and at home
- Being ready to listen to others and encourage them