Values Newsletter March 2018
On Thursday 22 February the Key Stage 2 Values Ambassadors went to Potton Lower School for the Pupil Values Conference. The theme was mindfulness and we did lots of activities with children from 5 other schools.
We made stress balls and glitter bottles. We also made prayer flowers that opened in the water and coloured a labyrinth which helped us to let go of problems and difficulties in life and taught us how to relax.
Here we are with the things we made: Samuel, Gabriel, Eva, Charlie, Rudo, Luke, Ashley and Amelie.
Our Values winners for February, showing ‘Love’ to others were Alice (Year 8), Faith (Year 7), Phoebe (Year 6) and Riley (Year 5). The staff winner was Mrs Hanson for the caring and compassion she has shown her form group.
This month’s value is Respect.
“Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.” Romans 12:10
- Respect is valuing other people’s opinions and beliefs
- Respect is treating others as you would like to be treated.
- Respect is caring for all life and the environment around you.
- Respect is knowing I am unique and liking who I am.
At home, perhaps you could:
- Try to encourage others in their goals
– even if they are different from yours!
- Treat others with care and politeness
- Do something to care for your surroundings –
(pick up litter, tidy up without being asked
Thanks to Rudo, Eva, Charlie and Sam for editing this month’s newsletter.