June Values Newsletter
As we are now nearly at the end of the year and starting to plan for next year, the children have been suggesting ideas for us to do on our upcoming Values Day on 12 July. There will be a variety of activities for the children to choose – from gardening to values cushions and from yoga to singing at local old peoples’ homes. We all hope to make a difference to our school community and the wider community in Biggleswade.
The Value of Forgiveness was well supported by the school but the ‘Values Champions’ for each year group were: Jemimah in Year 5, Finlay in Year 6, Joshua in Year 7 and Chloe in Year 8. Mrs. Prentice received the staff award for her show of forgiveness. Josh and Mrs. Prentice received the pupil and staff trophies for showing great levels of forgiveness.
‘No two leaves are alike, and yet there is no antagonism between them or between the branches on which they grow.’ -Mahatma Gandhi.
- Equality is treating one another fairly
- Equality is accepting one another’s differences
- Equality is giving everyone the opportunity to achieve, share and participate
At home and school we are encouraging children to:
- Give others a chance to have their say
- Encourage those around you to do well
- Share your time amongst your friends
By William Castaneda and Oliver Hichisson