March Values Newsletter
March’s value for this month is Respect. As a welcome to this value we are about to open the new ‘Reflection Room’. The Reflection Room is in the Year 6 area next to Mrs Thorn’s form room (Room 16) which used to be the old practice room. You can come into the Reflection Room if you ever just want some quiet time to yourself or you want to pray for someone in your family or pray for a friend. For example: if someone you know is ill, perhaps you are worried about something, or you just need time to think. You can just come in to the Reflection Room to pray or reflect. There will be monitors (volunteers from Year 8 and the Values Ambassadors) in case anyone needs to talk. Mrs Thorn will also be on hand in Room 16. It will start from 27th March and run on Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays between 12:30pm and 1pm. The Reflection Area will be a quiet room which needs to be respected so that those who need it most can benefit.
Breana (Year 8), Kyle (Year 7), Ellie (Year 6) and Coby (Year 5) received certificates for living the school values. Kyle and Miss Raszkova won the pupil and staff trophies
“When you are content to be simply yourself and don’t compare or compete, everybody will
respect you.” Lao Tzu
Respect is a difficult value to think about – everybody wants it, but how do we achieve it? ‘Respect has to be earned’ it is said. It can happen in an instant when we see someone do something extraordinary or it can take hard work, often in the face of difficulty. Being respectful of others, their feelings, property and the world around us is a good place to start.
- Respect is valuing other people’s opinions and beliefs
- Respect is treating others as you would like to be treated.
- Respect is caring for all life and the environment around you.
- Respect is knowing I am unique and liking who I am.
At home and school can you:
- Try to encourage others in their goals – even if they are different from yours?
- Treat others with care and politeness?
- Do something to care for your surroundings – (pick up litter, tidy up without being asked)?
“Show yourself in all respects to be a model of good works, and in your teaching show integrity, dignity.” Titus 2:7
Written by Alyssa Cox